As per Google’s latest update, Google will give preference in search rankings to websites which are more secure. To make this simple, websites using HTTPS encryption by default will have better chance of ranking against websites using http. Earlier HTTPS was necessary if you were an online commerce store, or fetching sensitive information from your users or even doing payment transactions such as banking etc. But now things have changed and you need to secure your website no matter what you do. Moreover redirecting to HTTPS helps you secure your websites from Malware attacks.
- Purchase a valid SSL Certificate from an Authorized Certificate Authority or this can also be purchased from your hosting service provider
- You need a static IP
- Your hosting provider needs to generate the CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- The next step is to install and bind the SSL to your site
- Testing to make sure all the pages are indexing and properly crawled in Google and other search engines
- Page redirection so that the existing pages indexed are pointed to the new secure pages
If you looking to switch the site from HTTPS to HTTPS propotocal and need help, contact our sales team.